Alumni Council is to provide leadership and develop strategies designed to engage and involve alumni in meaningful relationships with the college.
* Working with the alumni and advancement staff, develop programs to increase alumni engagement.
* Promote alumni engagement among the current student body.
* Provide ongoing counsel about the structure of alumni outreach as the alumni population continues to grow and become more regionally diverse.
* Assure that the council is representative of the diversity of the overall alumni population.
* Working with the Alvernia enrollment team, assist in the recruitment of students at all levels of study through volunteer participation in specific events and by referring students to Alvernia.
* Working with the Alvernia career services staff, assist in the advising and mentoring of students in career guidance and provide a forum where alumni can explore career opportunities.
* Support Alvernia philanthropically and assist in annual fund and capital campaigns as volunteers.