Alvernia University’s Department of Institutional Advancement is looking to fill an alumni fellow position in the Office of Alumni and Parent Relations. The pace of this position requires a candidate that has strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
The position provides the candidate with the opportunity to gain experience in event planning and management, data analysis, project management, director marketing, donor stewardship, all forms of communication – written, web, social media and face-to-face interaction, as well as volunteer management with students and alumni. We are looking for someone who enjoys and thrives in a fast-paced atmosphere.
If you are interested in joining the Alumni and Parent Relations team, please submit a cover letter, resume and three references to Julianne Nolan, Director of Alumni and Parent Relations @ firstname.lastname@example.org by October 10.
Responsible to the Director of Alumni and Parent Relations for assisting with the creation, implementation and assessment of a constituent outreach program that engages alumni, parents and friends of the university in such a way to encourage them to participate in the life of, provide resources to, and promote the university.
1. Implement the overall strategic vision, planning, management, marketing and execution of a Young Alumni and Student Engagement Program for the University that fosters a high level of alumni engagement and meets the established goals developed for the program.
2. Works closely with the Director of Alumni and Parent Relations to develop and manage major Alumni events (Homecoming & Family Weekend, MargaritaVern) as well as additional programs/events throughout the year to improve involvement and support of university alumni.
3. Creates, maintains and markets all content of the alumni online community, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram and all other social media including the management of the alumni website and monthly e-newsletters to increase alumni/parent presence, effectiveness and participation. Manage database queries and exports for direct mail, email and various alumni information.
4. Assist with the coordination, promotion and execution of regional alumni and other off campus advancement events. Related duties include working with regional alumni committees, hosting events and working with venue staff. Promotion of events includes working with colleagues to develop mail, email and social media events and promotion strategies.
5. Represent Alvernia University at assigned internal and external events.
6. Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Alumni and Parent Relations or the Vice President for College Advancement
7. Serve as the staff liaison to the Student/Alumni Engagement Committee as well as the Affinity Alumni Engagement Committee.
8. Promote Franciscan ideals and adherence to the Mission of the University.
1. Commitment to the mission statement, core values and goals of Alvernia University.
2. Baccalaureate Degree required
3. Strategic thinker with excellent organizational skills and the ability to manage several projects simultaneously
4. Must be innovative, self-motivated, creative, flexible, dedicated and able to work both independently and as an active member of a team
5. Microsoft Office, web/social media experience required
6. Availability to work some nights and weekends in order to attend events and meet with alumni, including travel that may require overnight stays.
7. Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects under deadline pressure.
8. Ability to work collaboratively with various University constituents, volunteers and campus partners.
1. Attendance is required in order to perform the duties of this job.
2. Valid driver’s license
3. Travel required